Friday, January 21, 2005

Driven To Succeed

Mood-O-Meter : Pumped up!
On The Jukebox : Gavin Degraw - I Don't Wanna Be
Blog Snack : Good ol' H2O

This is my third year in the workforce, and I am pretty darn fortunate that my career has taken off like a rocket. Leaning curve's exponential, assuming new responsibilities, pay's good, I get to push colleagues around, call the shots. What more can I ask for, you ask? Shit, a lot more! But like what Uncle Ben told Peter Parker once, "With great power comes great responsibility".

So far I have been a Star at work, but all stars lose their shine one day. Gonna work a lot harder and smarter to kick some serious ass at work. This Star's gonna shine as bright as ever for a long long time.

By now a lot of you would have known me as someone very motivated and determined. On the flip side of the coin, I could be seen as arrogant and cocky. From my schooling days I have always tried to be the best I can in everything I do. This attitude prevails till today. That is why at times I fail to understand why some people can take things for granted (Tidak Apa, the Malaysian style) and being complacent (dare I say being plain lazy?). After a bit of reflecting, I realized that this is what separates between the Superstars, and the Rest Of The World. So who do you choose to be? A Superstar whome people look up to, or be an Average Joe / Plain Jane being pushed around like a bitch? Seize the moment, maties! All the best to you wherever you are, in whatever you do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home