Sunday, March 13, 2005

Fucque Incompetence!

Mood-O-Meter : Dismay and disappointment!
On The Jukebox : Take Me Away - Smallville OST
Blog Snack : Leftover CNY Cookies

If there is one thing that I absolutely despise in a person, it would be their incompetence. Not incompetent because he or she could not do it, but incompetent because he or she does not care. I guess this the 'tidak apa' or 'I don't care' kind of attitude that Malaysians generally have. This is a very disturbing trend, when Malaysian leaders are championing a culture towards excellence, but the public does not respond to the war cry. They just refuse to get their asses off and get to work thinking, "Buat apa susah-susah? Biar orang lain susah." A problem arises, and it is not their problem, it is someone elses, so they'd stay clear of it.

I have seen this phenomenon occurring at work. Two and a half years in the company and I am seeing more and more of this where colleagues shying away from responsibility (especially when the going gets tough). When it comes to good things, everyone gets into the spotlight. Ridiculous attitude! All they are concerned about is covering their asses in case they 'kena tonggeng' by the higher authorities. What happened to ethics and trust? Are there any traces of it anywhere?

This is why when I see people struggling with their lives and careers because they have the 'tidak apa' attitude, they do not get pity from me. Totally well deserved. Throughout the 24 years of my life, I have always believed that diligence, dedication and ambition will presevere over everything else. I will still continue to hold to this principles to achieve my goals.

Rough two weeks at work la, working with fucked up people 'tidak apa'. Bear with me a bit maties... Bitch fit attack...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home