Saturday, February 25, 2006

Homesick... Not !!!

Mood-O-Meter : In the mood for fried chicken...
On The Jukebox : Michael Buble - Kissing a Fool (on Light N Easy... Damn, what's happenin' to me???)
Blog Snack : McD's McDeluxe Burger

Gotta stay back to work on a Saturday. It's our quarterly stocktake, and I have to be here to help out to key in some data. Which means that it is another weekend away from Ipoh for me. Weird, I used to feel this euphoria every Friday, knowing that I'd be going back to Ipoh for the weekend. This time round, eventhough I have not been back to Ipoh in 3 weeks, I am not missing my hometown at all (I do miss bashing the tennis ball though)! What prompts me to stop missing Ipoh, I wonder? Could it be a subconcious reaction due to my conviction to slash operating expenditure (maybe I should apply to be MAS' new CEO)? Or maybe I'm just plain sick of spending two hours a day traveling on the road to and from work. OR perhaps it could be explained by the "bird growing up, flying away from the nest" metaphor. Guess its one of those phases in life everyone goes through when he/she spreads wings and flies further away from the comfort of home in search of a new life.

Whatever it is, I'd be going home next weekend for me gramps' Birthday (good man, good man). Anyone in Ipoh then? Gimme a holler-la... For now, back to work. And later to satisfy my cravings for KFC Hot N Spicy... Ooohhh yeahhh....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

(MUACKS)^10 ;)

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home