Saturday, October 15, 2005

The Only Certainty Is Uncertainty Itself

Mood-O-Meter : Retrospective
On The Jukebox : California - Phantom Planet
Blog Snack : Ipoh White Coffee (smooth, yet packs a good kick!)

When I sat down to write my blog, I was gonna bitch till high heavens about my day that sucks so much. AC broke down two nights ago so I had to sleep with the fan flying till it rattled, Tekho sending me on a wild goose chase looking for a fucking cekap curry mee, stuck in traffic jam, went all the way to SJMC blood bank only to find out that I was not needed as a donor, all that happened in the morning!

But then *WHAM* got a sucker punch SMS that the grandma of a dear friend just passed on because of cancer. Just when I was going to register myself today to be a platlet donor for another friend who has leukemia. We live in a world full of uncertainties, diseases and illnesses, natural disasters, hate crimes, anything could happen to us, whether or not we have been good or bad, kind or cruel. Heck, a truck could just run me over on my way to the gym later this afternoon. All my problems I have been having so far in my life has been pittance compared to what others are experiencing somewhere else in the world. Having this thought in mind makes me appreciate what I have now so much more. We take for granted things we see, touch, feel, smell, hear from day to day. Guess the news I got today has been a reality check for me.

All this reminds me of a friend who was a cancer survivor. Having gone through hell and back, her values and perceptions to life is so much different from mine. While she sees beauty in everything and being happy and content all the time, I have to say that I have been an assholic sceptic with a carrot shoved up my ass. She lives her life to the fullest as if its the last day on earth, while I am more of a dreamchaser, chasing after dreams and ambition like an infinite loop. Will I ever be happy in life? What does happiness mean to me?

Point to ponder, my Jakunites...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home