Saturday, January 19, 2008

Nomad Moves Again...

Mood-O-Meter : Chillaxings
On The Jukebox : Fed getting his ass whooped in Aussie Open? Losing 1-2 (in sets) to Tipsarevic
Blog Snack : Kit Kat Bar

Hi all! yes, Jakun the Nomad has moved again. Now I am in a new country (i.e. Singapore), new company (i.e. P&G), new industry (IDS/IT/SCM Project Management!). I'd say that this is one of the most drastic changes that I am going through. Here are a few thoughts of mine, after 1 week in Singapore.

1. Singapore's irritatingly efficient and well organized.
2. Things here are pretty affordable (if you are earning SGDs)! Furniture, food, clothes, shoes, etc.
3. Renting a room/apartment will burn a hole in my pocket.
4. Senior citizens are still willing to work, even the simplest of jobs like being a driver, a jaga, or even in McDonald's!
5. They've got good food here too.
6. Everyone speaks mandarin here. Time to buck up.
7. I miss my pirated DVDs!
8. I can't wait to set up my Bank Account and Post Paid Mobile (I am still using prepaid).
9. I can't wait to get my first pay cheque.
10. Lotsa good looking people in Singapore.

Some pics during my next post. Stay tuned.

1 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

You're going to have such a blast!! :) Cant wait to see the pictures!

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home